July 19 - 28
|Evening shows on the following dates begin at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 19
- Friday, July 20
- Saturday, July 21
- Sunday, July 22
- Friday, July 27
- Saturday, July 28
|Matinee on the following dates begins at 2 p.m.
|$10 for students & seniors
Tickets will be available at Columbia Center for the Arts. For information call 541-387-8877
This powerful, award-winning play by Eve Ensler has been translated into over 25 languages, and has sparked V-Day, a global movement to stop violence against women and girls.
There are mature themes and language in the show.
Not suitable for young women under 16.
"The Vagina Monologues" won the 1997 Obie for Best Play, & for this show Ms. Ensler received the Guggenheim Fellowship in Playwriting in 1999. It is performed in theatres worldwide, including sold-out runs on Broadway and on London’s West End.
Gloria Steinem wrote… “Women have entrusted Eve with their most intimate experiences, from sex to birthing for The Vagina Monologues ….I think audience members, men as well as women, will emerge feeling more free within themselves---and about each other.”
Here is another…..”The monologues are part of Eve Ensler’s crusade to wipe out the shame and embarrassment that many women still associate with their bodies or their sexuality. They are both a celebration of women’s sexuality and a condemnation of its violation.” ---The New York Times
And another…”Spellbinding, funny, and almost unbearably moving…Written with a bluntness that is nevertheless intensely lyrical, it is both a work of art and an incisive piece of cultural history, a poem and a polemic, a performance and a balm and a benediction.” ---Variety
And yet another…..”Frank, humorous and moving…a compelling rhapsody of the female essence. Ultimately, Ensler achieves something extraordinary.”---Chicago Tribune
Soroptomist International of Hood River is partnering with CAST for this production, and Judie Hanel will direct.
This show is made possible by the Center sponsors for the quarter, Jean Harmon and Paul Randall, and by the generous contriutions of women throughout the Gorge, including:
- Ani Sinclair
- Ann Marie Jelderks
- Barbara Kilkenny – East and West Day Spa
- Camilla Bishop – Three Flowers Healing
- Carol Annala – Don Nunamaker, Realtors
- Carol Rodrick – Gorge Appraisal
- Carolyn Walls
- Char Brinster – Shades by Char
- Cindy Morus – Money SmartWoman
- Christy Smith
- Cindy Walbridge
- Debra Jones – Business Solutions
- Eileen Utroske – Hood River Sewing and Vacuum
- Janis deHalas – Holiday Spa
- Joella Dethman
- Mt. Hood Railroad
- Kathy Sneider – IKOTE
- Kristen Dillon, M.D. – Mid Columbia Family Medicine
- Leslie Cogswell
- Linda Streich – PBS
- Linda Wright
- Marie Louise Penchoen
- Mary Lively, LLC – Esthetician-Flow Day Spa
- Mary Soden
- Melinda Hannigan
- Rose Kelly
- Ruth Chausse – Don Nunamaker, Realtors
- Sally Donovan – Historic Preservationist
- Sally LaVenture
- Sally Reichmuth
- Sarah Keller – Knot Another Hat
- Soroptomist International of Hood River
- Sue Hull
- Suzy Sarmasti, DC – Asula Chiropractic