Films By, For, and About Women
February 24 & 25
Returns to Hood River
Lunafest, sponsored by Soroptimist International of Hood River, returns for another year. Don't miss these all new, amazing films by, for and about women.
LUNAFEST’s films have won industry awards and audience accolades, and the films selected for 2009-10 LUNAFEST season share this brilliance.
From quirky animation to touching documentaries, the nine selected films are incredibly diverse in both style and subject matter, united by a common thread of exceptional storytelling by…for…about women.
Two shows each night.
85% of the funds raised at this film festival will go towards Community Service projects of Soroptimists of Hood River and Mount Adams and the other 15% will go towards Breast Cancer Fund.
February 24 & 25
There will be a preshow event with wine and appetizers at 5:30 pm.
$12, $10 for students and seniors. Available in advance at Waucoma Bookstore.
Columbia Center for the Arts, Hood River
More About Lunafest
LUNAFEST is a national traveling festival of award winning short films by… for… about women. Filled with stories of reflection and whimsy, hope and humor, grace and perseverance, LUNAFEST films are renowned for celebrating the talents and stories of women.
Collectively, LUNAFEST films captivate audiences, compel dialogue and arm those who participate with both the knowledge and the motivation to make a difference in their communities.
LUNAFEST’s films have won industry awards and audience accolades, and the films selected for 2009-10 LUNAFEST share this brilliance.
With a vision of uniting women through film, LUNAFEST was established in 2000 by LUNA, the makers of the Whole Nutrition Bar for Women, to simultaneously promote women filmmakers, raise awareness for women’s issues, and support worthy women’s nonprofit organizations throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Soroptimists International of Hood River and Mount Adams is part of a worldwide organization for women in management and the professions, is a global voice for women through Awareness, Advocacy and Action. Soroptimists International of Hood River and Mt. Adams works towards these goals by raising funds to assist organizations like Helping Hands, Next Door, various Gorge high school programs and provide scholarships for women going back to school.
Click to learn more about Lunafest.
Click to learn more about Soroptimist International.