Columbia Center for the Arts is proud to offer its year-round Children’s Theatre program! CCA is committed to:
- Creating a cultural hub specific to child and teen exploration in performing arts as creators and observers
- Cultivating a sense of teamwork, collaboration, and shared ownership/investment in the creative process and product
- Building performance and technical skills, confidence, and interpersonal connections
- Developing youth leadership and creativity
- Developing both big picture and detailed-scope thinking
- Providing an inclusive, safe, and incredibly fun environment for children to grow and thrive!
CCA Children’s Theatre is managed by Acting Artistic Director, Sullivan Mackintosh, sponsored by Maureen Higgins & Sakura Ridge.
The Children’s Theatre Program offers experiences in four main areas:
- Season of Children’s Plays
A full season of three children’s theatre plays—running from September to July. Gorge-area kids (and some adults) will be invited to audition for acting roles and will also be help with backstage responsibilities. Volunteers help with sets, make-up, costumes, production, AV/tech, and more.
- Summer Theatre Workshops for Kids
Theatre workshops are available this summer for kids of all ages. Click here to check out the upcoming offerings!
- Teen Apprenticeship Program (sponsored by Dick & Pat Schmuck)
The 2019-2020 CCA Children’s Theatre Teen Apprenticeship Program provides theatrical training for teens in the Columbia River Gorge. Its purpose is to create a supportive ensemble of skilled professional teen collaborators who are knowledgeable in a variety of theatrical disciplines. The Teen Apprentices become ready to take on leadership roles in the CCA Children’s Theatre program and in other theatre environments. The program prepares students for future rigorous training in a college or conservatory setting, while allowing them to explore personal interests in theatre and related fields. Get Teen Apprentice Application here.
- In-School Program
Beginning in the fall of 2019, CCA Children’s Theatre will offer free in-school theatre activities to K-12 schools in the Columbia River Gorge. For more information, please contact MiKayla Ryan at email@example.com.
CCA Children’s Theatre is proudly supported by Bloomfield Foundation, Cyndi & Eric Strid Foundation, Maureen Higgins, Sakura Ridge, Cecelia & Scott Goodnight, Rick & Sydney Blaine, Carrie & Mark Fuentes, Jerry Shapiro, FORD Foundation, Dell Rhodes & Will Bloch, Mike’s Ice Cream, David & Jennifer Harty, David Griffith, Carolann & Peyton Storli Foundation, Kate Mills, Mike & Beverly Persons, Angela & Michael Schock, and Beth Lyons, along with: