July 20- 23 – Collage with Jordan Kim (ages 5-12) – ON-LINE!
Join us in a week of letting our imaginations play together! This camp is being offered as a *mostly* virtual art camp using the Zoom platform. Monday-Wednesday (July 20-22) we’ll meet virtually and make three different collage projects designed to introduce campers to the concept of collage while encouraging creative play and exploration. On Thursday (July 23), we will be meeting in-person for an hour at the Columbia Center for the Arts to share our work with one another and explore the gallery. We’ll gain experience with observation, confidence around sharing ideas, and enjoy some limited in-person face time with each other – all in a safe supportive environment.
For this camp, your child will need the following supplies:
- Black Sharpie
- White gel pen (or white crayon will do)
- Black and white acrylic or tempera paint
- Glue – any kind will do (glue stick, Elmers, Mod Podge, etc.)
- 3-5 sheets of heavy paper – construction or watercolor (any color is okay)
- Texture tools – anything that can be used with acrylic paint to stamp or texture (bubble wrap, unsharpened pencil, paint brush, sponge, toilet paper tube, etc.)
- Collage papers that can be cut up
- Some with text (old homework, newspapers, old book, magazines, etc.)
- Some colorful (wrapping paper, scrapbook papers, old artwork, magazines, packaging materials, junk mail, old maps, etc.)
- Printer – for parent to print templates when needed
If you need any of these items and live in the Gorge area, Tokki Art Supply can help you get what you need. If this is not an option, contact Jordan and she will work with you to come up with alternative supplies that will work, and CCA may be able to lend supplies.
Once you register, you will be sent a secure link and password that you can use to log your child into camp on any device (phone, computer or tablet) at the scheduled time. You can choose to allow your child to share his/her screen or not. Jordan will give *live* instruction. (*Note that this is not a pre-recorded class!) If you opt to allow screen sharing, children can get personal assistance with their projects. This is not a requirement for the course.
**Please note: Camp fee is per household for this on-line camp, not per child, so the whole family can enjoy!**
Register at https://www.columbiaarts.org/events/summercamp/