The mission of Columbia Arts is to promote and provide an equity based, accessible, arts
rich environment in the Columbia Gorge.
We envision the Columbia Gorge as a thriving community for artists, performers, and
audiences, where everyone can be engaged in a diverse range of creative opportunities.
STATEMENT OF VALUES
Columbia Arts Values:
• Artists, performers, and arts appreciators
• Supporters of the arts, both donors and volunteers
• Diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion
• Partnership with other organizations and individuals
• Mutual respect and trust
• Thoughtful decision making
• Good stewardship of our resources: building, financial and human.
• Truth, transparency, and open communication
• Opportunities for artists and performers to become more skilled
• Readily available, quality space for arts exploration, expression, and practice
• Access to the arts for all ages and all families
• Board, staff, and volunteers being representative of the local community.
• Advocacy, action, and engagement
WHAT WE DO
Columbia Center for the Arts is dedicated to offering a wide range of opportunities for students, artists, and audiences to engage with the arts and with the local community. We operate a centrally located facility in Hood River, OR, that has space for fine art and a craft gallery for exhibiting the sale of visual artwork, a theatre/auditorium for performing arts, and multi-use spaces for educational arts programming. In an effort to connect and benefit the arts community for all ages, backgrounds and all levels of experience. We value art-making as an essential part of a vibrant and healthy society.
CCA’s objective is to create a cultural destination in Hood River, OR, with facilities that enable the arts to thrive in the Columbia River Gorge. An additional goal is to draw a variety of artists and art groups from throughout the Pacific Northwest to not only enhance and improve the arts, but to help boost the region’s economy and quality of life.
THE CCA TEAM
Columbia Center for the Arts consists of many individuals working to increase access to the arts and provide unique educational opportunities. Members of the staff, Board of Directors, and outstanding volunteers play a key role in helping CCA thrive.
Executive Director – Tim Harkins
Board Chair – Ella Wolter
Board Co-Chair – Judie Hanel
Secretary – Cindy Walbridge
Treasurer – Linda Floyd
Board Member – Cynthia Yoshida
ABOUT THE FACILITY
CCA’s facility features a 1,700 square-foot gallery, a 136-fixed seat black box theatre, and a 700-square-foot multi-use studio/classroom space.